Liaison Council: Rezan Topaloglu
Liaison ERKNet: Marina Vivarelli
The ESPN Working Group for Glomerular Diseases was formed in 2019 by merging two previously separate working groups, the Nephrotic Syndrome WG and the Immune-Mediated Renal Diseases WG. The newly-created working group is dedicated to improving our understanding of glomerular diseases in children by focussing on educational issues, clinical studies and research related to the pathogenesis and optimal management of all forms of nephrotic syndrome, lupus nephritis, IgA nephropathy, infection-related glomerulonephritis, C3 glomerulopathy, and other rare disorders affecting the renal glomeruli.
The working group unites numerous expert clinicians and researchers from 18 different European countries, and welcomes all ESPN members interested in these topics to join at any time.
There is close collaboration of this WG with the European Reference Network for Rare Kidney Diseases (ERKNet) Working Groups on Hereditary Glomerulopathies and Immune Glomerulopathies and with other scientific societies (e.g. IPNA, ERA-EDTA).
Working group reports
- Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome WG 2018 Activities
- Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome WG 2017 Activities
- Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome WG Report, September 2016
- Idiopathic Nephrotic Syndrome WG Report , September 2015
- Immune diseases WG report 2017
- Immune diseases WG report 2016
- Immune diseases WG report 2015
- Immune diseases WG report 2014
ERKNet resources for immune glomerulopathies coming soon
Current working group projects
- Retrospective study employing the CERTAIN database, in collaboration with the Working Group on Transplantation, on treatment of FSGS recurrence post-renal transplant (Antonia Bouts, Burkhard Tonschoff, Marina Vivarelli)
- Query on genetic SRNS who go in partial or complete remission with conventional therapy (Marina Vivarelli, Olivia Boyer, Aoife Waters)
- Definitions of INS subtypes (Marina Vivarelli, Georges Deschenes)
- Survey on hypogammaglobulinemia post-rituximab (Alexandra Zurowska): results to be presented at IPNA 2019 meeting
- Lupus nephritis patients’ treatment schedule and long term outcomes (Rezan Topaloglu, Esra Baskin)
- Crescentic GN extended survey (Esra Baskin, Rezan Topaloglu)
- Crescentic GN treatment guideline
Working group guidelines
In progress: IPNA guidelines on steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome and ERKNet guidelines on congenital nephrotic syndrome.